[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:48:26 UTC 2015

On 17/08/2015, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am 17.08.2015 um 02:39 schrieb moltonel 3x Combo <moltonel at gmail.com>:
>>
>> * A broken bridge with just a few meters left on both riverbanks
>
> I surely wouldn't have removed this one. Isn't this a significant feature to
> many people?

In only deleted the middle bit, not the bridge=yes stumps. At least
that's what I remember; I couldn't find it again in
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/16286467. Maybe it was a
different railway line.

On the other hand, there's an instance of a bridge that is the only
thing left standing (green undisturbed meadows on both sides), and
that bridge is kept in OSM (while the sections in the meadow were
not).