[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:36:03 UTC 2015

On 20/08/2015 02:16, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson wrote:

> According to the github discussion there is an "overwhelming
> consensus" [2] on moving from current rainbow colour scheme for roads
> to a red-yellow only scheme.

I don't think you'll ever get an "overwhelming consensus" from such a
large "committee". :)

I rendered z0-z11 locally to see what it looks like and was pleasantly
surprised - it's much less "orange" than some of the previous iterations
that there have been discussions and blog posts about, and better for
it.  I'm not quite sure that z7 is quite there (see the difference at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mateusz%20Konieczny/diary/35586#comment31695
), and obviously any change takes getting used to, but it's not markedly
worse than what went before and does resolve the "invisible trunk road"
problem, which really is a problem.

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)