[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Aug 22 11:20:34 UTC 2015

W dniu 22.08.2015 12:34, Lester Caine napisał(a):

> the motorway still stands out clearly against the water courses. The

So we just disagree here: for me it's just barely "spottable", which is
far from clear difference, as you see it.

> That more styles are required is a simple fact. The problem is allowing
> access to an appropriate style rather than the current single option
> provided by the main page. We need to be able to select style AND
> language defaults in much the same way that projects like php provide
> multiple mirrors with local translations and information.

I guess this might be primary a problem of limited resources.

Could anybody with technical background in the inner OSM workings tell
us what is holding us back with introducing new styles (be it raster
styles, additional/interactive layers or even vector tiles)?

down" [A. Cohen]