[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Aug 22 13:09:27 UTC 2015

W dniu 22.08.2015 14:21, Tom MacWright napisał(a):
> On the topic of whether we can or should notify everyone who may
> potentially be affected by this change so their opinions can be
> registered, you may enjoy this read:
>
>> http://www.ftrain.com/wwic.html [2]

Awesome! It's just about what I would like to say (without using
"customer" metaphor however =} but with "communication" idea instead):

"Create a service experience around what you publish and sell. Whatever
“customer service” means when it comes to books and authors, figure it
out and do it. Do it in partnership with your readers. Turn your readers
into members. Not visitors, not subscribers; you want members. And then
don't just consult them, but give them tools to consult amongst
themselves."

We need communications channels for individuals/institutions/services
using OSM data or other services (especially maps) - and also inside the
project, because we are so distributed, that for example even Wiki is
rather a service for rendering team than a common working space, because
rendering does not try to change it, but rather consumes the definitions
for its own purposes.

down" [A. Cohen]