[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 22 23:12:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 08/23/2015 12:51 AM, Paul Norman wrote:
>> Could anybody with technical background in the inner OSM workings tell
>> us what is holding us back with introducing new styles (be it raster
>> styles, additional/interactive layers or even vector tiles)?
>
> Only a lack of people willing to do the work.

A lack of people willing to do the work *and* host the style. We'll
happily include them if they meet the criteria you mention, but we're
not currently set up to serve multiple styles ourselves.

We might be able to switch to vector tiles somewhere down the line,
allowing us to serve more styles easily, but that requires a lot of
people willing to do a lot of work ;)

Bye
Frederik