[OSM-talk] Reply-to header

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:43:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:

> AFAIK this is the standard mailman configuration and not different
> from other lists. the reply-to you mention is mot in every mail from
> this list, but only in those which are from this person. that's expected.
>
> You should respect netiquette and make a new thread when starting a
> new topic. Don't just hit reply on a random email from the list and
> change subject.
>
> m.

>>> It normally does, not sure what happened here.
>>
>> All messages I received from OSM list does not have the reply-to
>> header with the list address.
>>
>> And to make sure of this, now I just opened 10 of them, among the
>> most recent, and checked their full headers. Only one of those
>> messages contain a reply-to header, and it is not the list address.
>> It is:

The reply-to header is a per-list configuration item. So some lists
set it and some don't. The tagging and HOT lists set it to the list
address. The talk and talk-us lists do not set it. It gets brought up
every few months by someone who either replied to the list when they
didn't want to or replied to an individual when they wanted to reply
to the list.

Toby