[OSM-talk] Innovative uses of OSM data in cities?

Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net
Sat Aug 29 15:39:16 UTC 2015

dear all,

Next week I'm giving a talk about OSM and the work of the DWG to a group
of mostly academics who are interested in Smart Cities and being fairly
critical about Urban Big Data.

I wanted to show a few examples of innovative uses of the data, or
things that can only have come about because so much of the base map is
there.

OSMBuildings.org and the related 3D work would be one example. Another
is some of Alasdair Rae's work visualising urban footprints:
http://www.undertheraedar.com/2015/07/urban-footprints-some-building-outline.html
And for something different, the OSM based clothing from
http://monochome.com/

But I am interested in other examples of novel uses of OSM data, any
suggestions from the list would be welcome.

Jo
--
  Jo Walsh
  metazool at fastmail.net