[OSM-talk] Involving Cyclists in OSM

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 9 09:20:40 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-09 09:58, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> A few suggestions.
>
> On-line maps for cyclists:
>
> 	* Opencyclemap (Opencyclmap.org) shows both infrastructure for
> bicycles as means of transportation (cycle paths etc.) and
> infrastructure for cycle tourism (cycle routes)
> 	* http://cycling.waymarkedtrails.org shows cycle routes
> 	* http://hikebikemap.org/ (EU only) shows hiking and biking routes

With Richard's comments about dangerous main roads in mind I want to
mention http://brouter.de/brouter-web/ as a very versatile router where
you can change the routing profile and give more or less penalty to
certain road types.
It is a very easy method to steer the routing. I'm sure it is used by
most, if not all, routing engines, but this is the only one I know of
where you can manually change the routing profile to that level of
detail yourself.

Regards,
Maarten