[OSM-talk] [Imports] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Feb 7 06:36:28 UTC 2015

Are there any additional comments on the issue of importing (actually
synchronizing) 500 bicycle repair stations?
With this import OSM would become the most comprehensive database of repair
station locations.

To summarize: the import database is maintained by a vendor of bicycle
repair stations, the data quality is spot on in many cases, and "geocoding
level" in other cases with the pins
generally in the right area.   The stations are too small to find on an air
photo, but frequently do appear in press releases than be found with a
search engine.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Dero_Bike_Repair

Most of the locations are in the USA, and I might start with the USA only
if there is concern outside the USA.

The vendor uses OSM as a base map.