[OSM-talk] "guide to vandalism” in OSM?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:45:02 UTC 2015

As far as I see it:

The author says that it is pretty easy to vandalise OSM data, even without
creating an account. You just have to make a note with some fake
information and wait until an armchair mapper picks up the note, does no
verification on the ground and adds the POI.
He shows 2 notes that he created to proof his point. He just tries to warn
other mappers not to follow the text in the notes without verifying it on
the ground.

regards