[OSM-talk] Use of OSM by municipalities

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:56:08 UTC 2015

Dear Sev,

I was involved the last two years on assisting 3 municipalities in
using OSM as a platform for basemapping in a disaster risk reduction
(DRR) project.  Anecdotal reports from local contacts were saying
these maps were actually used in the preparation and eventual response
to a big typhoon that hit the area last year.  One municipality is now
using it beyond DRR and integrating OSM data into the landuse
planning/zoning process of the town.  A video should be available soon
on this initiative.

--
cheers,
maning