[OSM-talk] "guide to vandalism” in OSM?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Feb 12 17:23:16 UTC 2015

On 2/12/2015 6:46 AM, Michał Brzozowski wrote:
> I happen to fix a lot of notes in Poland.
> For me it would be impractical to check every POI that I add from notes.
It's for this reason that notes say "This note includes comments from
anonymous users which should be independently verified".

This is an important requirement. An anonymous note can call your
attention to something that needs to be fixed, but the actual fix needs
to be able to be made without reference to the note.