[OSM-talk] Routing on osm.org

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Tue Feb 17 22:45:08 UTC 2015

> OSRM and other routers won't use the highway you want it to use because
> its
> under construction in the OSM data (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/27593150#map=13/50.4550/-113.8127&layers=Q).

Ahh, that would probably do it. I have removed 'construction=trunk' and
'motor_vehicle=no' tags as they are incorrect.

Will check back in a few days to see if it fixed the routing problem.

> Most often it's not  router but a data problem.

Absolutely... the data is to blame!

The point I was making is that routing often highlights that there is an
issue, maybe a quick link to add a note (or something) that local/expert
mappers could validate would be of benefit.

Cheers,
Simon
(who really should pay more TLC to mapping in his area)