[OSM-talk] Quality of OSM Notes

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:53:37 UTC 2015

On 22/02/2015, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
>> I agree with Greg. If the not submitter didn't put a lot of effort
>> into it, then you as a mapper shouldn't put a lot of effort into it
>> either. Unless you feel like solving a puzzle!
>
> I'd still at least throw a comment on it and wait a while before outright
> closing it as unsolvable if it looks like there's some potential to it.

Absolutely (for both paragaphs). But the "wait a while" step would
could really do with some help from the notes implementation, to find
those notes again after a while. There are a few discussions on github
on that subject, but no code has been proposed yet. We're
seeingthird-party note-managing tools pop up instead, which is both
cool and sad.