[OSM-talk] Mechanically Cleaning Up FIXME Tags

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Feb 25 07:01:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

   I think in many cases the proper action to perform on an object with
a FIXME tag that has "a low chance of ever getting addressed" is deletion.

For example, if something is tagged

> fixme=check/adjust␣position␣and/or␣merge␣with␣existing␣stop␣if␣exists

then that's clearly a failed import (as it should have established a
procedure to conflate) and if nobody values the data enough to bring it
into shape, then the least we want to do is clean the fixme tag and keep
the broken data.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Bye
Frederik