[OSM-talk] Mechanically Cleaning Up FIXME Tags

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Feb 25 17:23:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM, SomeoneElse <lists at atownsend.org.uk> wrote:

> On 25/02/2015 05:00, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
>> Any fixme in wide use I'm not interested in deleting.
>>

> I'd strongly oppose the mechanical deletion of "low volume" fixme values.
> Mappers local to me often use individually worded fixmes describing
> something that needs investigation.  By definition these values are "not in
> wide use", but definitely should be kept.  If I'm going to be in an area I
> always load the local notes and fixmes onto the Garmin so that if I'm near
> something that needs some attibute checking, I know about it.

Hold on, you may have misunderstood.
The only fixme tags proposed for deletion are the mechanically added ones
on thousands of nodes.
Any onesey twosey value would of course stay.
Any value like "continue" that's has high counts, but edited by hundreds of
unique users, would stay.

---
The goal is to delete only the real junk.
The goal is to cut the volume down to something human mappers can manage.