[OSM-talk] Mechanically Cleaning Up FIXME Tags

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:55:39 UTC 2015

On 2/26/2015 10:49 AM, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> If the "problem" is in an area where there's no-one to survey, then so
> what? Fixmes don't show up on any end-user (as opposed to mapping QA)
> rendering, they don't mess up routing, they don't affect geocoding or
> have any other negative consequences for consumers of the data. So just
> leave them be until someone can get to the area to survey.
>
> J.

I am strongly in this camp. I have not seen any actual harm or problem
presented for 1.3 million fixme tags yet. But there is the potential for
problems if removed.

Even fixme=yes tags convey information: Someone felt something was in
question about that node/way/polygon. That is not insignificant information.