[OSM-talk] Hemnet.se using OSM data without attribution

Andreas Vilén andreas.vilen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 07:54:44 UTC 2015

The Swedish real estate website hemnet.se has started using OSM data for
buildings on top of Google maps on their website. To see it, go to
http://www.hemnet.se/ , click "sök på karta" (under the map) and zoom in on
some bigger city that should have building data (for example Stockholm).
Sadly they do not credit us but only give a link to "is a building
missing?" with an explanation of how OSM works and that they use OSM for
buildings and Google for everything else: http://www.hemnet.se/om/kartdata

Of course my first instinct is to ask them to credit us with the same
prominence as Google but then it hit me: are they allowed to mix map data
like this? What would be the best course of action from here?

Regards

Andreas (Grillo)