[OSM-talk] MEP - pipelines

Werner Hoch werner.ho at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 18:36:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 03.01.2015, 17:50 +0100 schrieb Rainer Fügenstein:
> in accordance to the mechanical edit policy, I'd like to open the
> discussion on this list:
>
> a recently approved proposal introduced new tags for pipelines and
> marker [1] and changed an established tag:
>
> type=* was changed to substance=*
>
> the main reason for this change was a (possible) conflict with type=*
> as used in relations. also, type=* was considered to be too generic to
> describe the medium flowing within pipelines.

Some mappers used pipeline:type for the substance.
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/pipeline:type#values

It is/was a recommendation to use xx:type instead of the confusing type
tag (especially on relations).
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:type

Can you have a look at that pipeline:type tag, too?

Regards
Werner (werner2101)