[OSM-talk] New building colour

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 13:01:41 UTC 2015

On 04/01/15 12:04, Dave F. wrote:
> As has been pointed out, there was a discussion which all were invited
> to join in.
In the past these have not been discussions since in many cases the
changes have already been made! And a couple of days over a holiday
period when people are away from their computers ......

> IMO (why do people use 'H' to say there opinion is honest? Surely all
> opinion is that?), the new appearance is better. As can be seen from
> Andreas image the building's numbers are much clearer, which is more
> worthwhile than viewing the exact, intricate outline of each residency.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/IMHO ...
Anybody reading the H as 'honest' is mistaken ...

> The vast majority of these recent carto upgrades have been an
> improvement to OSM.
IYHO
It is now time to look at the options for producing our own PREFERRED
renderings. I'm still unhappy with prevuous changes and NEED to get
around to producing something which may only be available to a small
area, but restores what we had and skips many of the recent
'improvements'. Perhaps now is the time to be looking again at real time
rendering with a selectable style sheet, or perhaps simply a base layer
on top of which different languages and styles can be selected.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL