[OSM-talk] MEP - pipelines

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 20:14:00 UTC 2015

Lists <lists <at> gimnechiske.org> writes:

> This should be the general rule for mechanical edits when migrating
tagging schemes.

Fair enough when there is a clear use that this fosters but it is unclear
whether that is true here. As a community we have to make sure that trolls
and others without our best interests at heart do not abuse our norms for
there own ends.

> Also make sure that editors such as Potlatch2, iD, JOSM and Merkaartor,
all have corrected their presets by the second date. If old scheme is stuck
in the preset than it is likely that old scheme will continue to be used.

Agreed. An example related to this is the continued type=* preset for trees
in iD.

--
Andrew