[OSM-talk] MEP - pipelines

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:27:00 UTC 2015

Dana 7. 1. 2015. 03:53 osoba "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce2 at obviously.com>
napisala je:

>> While we're at it, it would be nice to have a database that allows going
from the tagged item (e.g., "fitness centre") to recommended tag.

> The iD editor has a nice internal feature called aliases, so a person
looking to add a restroom will find the toilet preset.

+1
We need something like those aliases, but centralised so all editors have
the same presets, and data consumers don't have to dig around our wiki and
taginfo to find what they need.

Also, if data consumers use this potential online service to dinamically
get the tags they need, their process wouldn't be vulnerable to these kinds
of changes.