[OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Sun Jan 25 21:34:50 UTC 2015

On 25/01/2015 19:06, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> I figure that OSM has a small role to play here: if everyone's
> smartphone bike app can FIND these stations, that will increase
> awareness and thus encourage universities and cities to install them.

There does seem to have been a few issues with some of the ones that
have been imported already (I've only looked at the ones in the UK; not
sure if they are typical of the rest).

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3306866930

looks fairly obviously misplaced - there's a Swan Hotel just up the
road, but this node seems to be in the back yard of a bank.  Some
discussion about the name would make sense - I wouldn't necessarily use
the name of the location, unless it's actually called "The Swan Hotel
bike repair station" (which it might be I guess, but it seems unlikely)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3306867054#map=17/51.64923/-0.40445

is similarly called after the thing that it is in: "Watford General
Hospital".  In this case the node seems to be a duplicate of

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2802994130

just across the road - I'm guessing that something went wrong when
checking the nodes for import?

Cheers,

Andy