[OSM-talk] Error when Exporting from Share icon

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Jan 26 10:58:40 UTC 2015

Hi

Main Page>Share>Download

Repeatedly gives an error:

'The load average on the server is too high at the moment. Please wait a
few minutes before trying again.'

The wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SVG says users will
often get this message & to try in quieter times. When are these quieter
times? I've tried in the early hours in the UK & still get the message.

I don't know when it was last reviewed, but does this error have bit of
a sensitive trigger? Has the server that runs the process been upgraded
so it can handle a greater number of requests? If so, could the error's
cut in point be relaxed?

Cheers
Dave F.

---