[OSM-talk] [Imports] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Jan 27 07:43:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:27 AM, JB <jbosm at mailoo.org> wrote:

> Le 26/01/2015 17:59, Jo a écrit :
>
>> It would indeed be preferable to use OSM Notes for that purpose.
>>
> Ho crap. Instead of importing 500 low-quality POI, just import 500
> low-quality notes…
> So that only the notes DB is a dump, but not the main one.
> Sorry for the bad energy, but please do not consider the note feature as a
> second level one. And for the fun, please close the 10 closer to your
> location :-)

If there was high quality information to be had, it'd be in the map already
instead of a note...notes have information that need a little more polish
before it's usable data.  I don't see an issue with throwing a few dozen
extra notes around when we have field QA tools like Osmand that make
finding them in the field easy.