[OSM-talk] Deletions in Korea

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Jul 13 01:58:10 UTC 2015

Sure, Naver and Daum Maps are heavily censored in Korea. A Korean
cartography professor told me that up to 20% of South Korean territory
is censored. I personally think it is more around 10%.

As a site hosted in Great Britain, I suppose that South Korea has no
jurisdiction over OpenStreetMap.

Not a lawyer, but for someone like you, who is living in South Korea it
is likely to be illegal to map censored things on OpenStreetMap. However
I don't see what would refrain someone who is not in South Korea to do so.

By the way, wikipedia is writing about the location too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Service_%28South_Korea%29

You can also get a list of South Korean nuclear power plants with
coordinates on wikipedia. You won't find them on korean maps. Just like
most airports in SK.