[OSM-talk] New road style for the Default map style - highway=path is evil

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:01:17 UTC 2015

I published diary entry describing current state of a new road style
for openstreetmap-carto - see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mateusz%20Konieczny/diary/35389

For start - I am looking for examples of well mapped rural areas to
test rendering. I have multiple examples of cities and towns but I need
more rural locations.

Entry includes possible variants of rendering for mid zoom levels
(rendering highway=unclassified and highway=residential later gives
good results) and road width.

There is also discussion of problems with using OSM data to render
footways and paths.

It also includes description why and how rendering of minor railways
and small zoos was changed (already present in the latest style version,
not present in version used on the OSM website).

Feedback is welcomed, especially for features where various rendering
versions are prepared.