[OSM-talk] Facebook uses OpenStreetMap

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 14:58:32 UTC 2015

On 21/07/15 15:35, Tom Hughes wrote:

>> The user is so angry because he/she didn't know that the bug reports
>> are going to be "public".
>
> See https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1012
> but the short version is that we have contacted Facebook and they are in
> the process of changing what they link to.

I would not hold any hope out for any changes on Facebook in the short
term. Many of the things which are answered as "hopefully fix [it] in
the next week." are now entering the FIFTH YEAR!

http://www.jasonfriend.me/facebookplaces/w/editing:incorrectlyspelledcities:europe:uk#fixed
gives you an idea of the backlog just with the primary places
information for the UK and that is only the tip of the iceberg :( I've
been promised several time over the last years that Broadway will be
moved back to Worcestershire but with no actual change.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL