[OSM-talk] New road style for the Default map style - the second version. And thanks for rural test locations!

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:40:47 UTC 2015

On 24/07/2015 7:49 PM, phil at trigpoint.me.uk wrote:

> On Fri Jul 24 09:45:06 2015 GMT+0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>
>> sent from a phone
>>
>>> Am 23.07.2015 um 20:49 schrieb Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk>:
>>>
>>> What is needed is proper tagging of fields rather than adding random
>>> areas of 'farmland' where the land outside of that is also farmland
>>> anyway. So yes I would argue that some of these areas are wrong when
>>> they have some arbitrary boundary through the middle of farmland.
>>
>> +1, huge arbitrary farmland areas are pointless and hide the actual white spots where there would be something still to map.
>>
> +1
> The same issues occur with vast residential areas.

-1

There is a balance between mapping large areas that are dominated by that landuse and individually mapping each farm/residence with its landuse.

The mapper makes their best choice between detail and work load. If someone does not 'like' it that can modify it,
hopefully to improve it rather than just deleting it!

I'm presently mapping residential areas ... getting tired of the detail I'm putting in,
I've noted other entries with less detail.
As the rendering is substantially the same I see little point in continuing with the detail I have been putting in and
may go with less detail and cover more of the map quickly that way.