[OSM-talk] Marking tight corners

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:21:34 UTC 2015

On 30/07/2015 5:45 AM, Subhodip Biswas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Mateusz Konieczny
> <matkoniecz at gmail.com <mailto:matkoniecz at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Geometry of road is already providing this information, there is
>     probably no need to duplicate this in tags.
>

> Thanks, will it be possible provide a link to the wiki that explains
> geometry of the road. Also if not a problem is it possible to attach
> angle/decreasing/increasing nature of the corner? Sorry if I missed
> something.
>

>     On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:11:50 -0500
>     Subhodip Biswas <subhodipbiswas at gmail.com
>     <mailto:subhodipbiswas at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I was wondering if there is some tags or is it possible to create
>     > some tags that marks tight corners.
>     >
>     > The reason is as a motorcyclist I may want to know the danger ahead
>     > spoken to me through a navigation app (e.g. navmii).  Even in well
>     > marked area like in the US it is not always possible to see the the
>     > corner up ahead and the posted speed limit for it (debatable).
>     >
>     >

Zoom in!
  If there are enough nodes you should be able to see how sharp the
corner is ..
I use this is fog! You are travelling very slow and cannot see too far
.. the GPS map gives you more than you can see.

There are speed warnings - usually for fixed speed cameras. And some use
this for land mine warnings. No reason why the same method could not be
used for corner speeds ... but this is not part of the map but separate
POI.