[OSM-talk] name:etymology:wikidata

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:27:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I like to create bridges between projects, so now I was looking into the
name:etymology:wikidata tag.

And I have a question about it.

Say, you have a
Rue de la Chapelle
Rue de la Station

I'd be inclined to make it point to the specific instance of chapel or
station. The other possibility would be to point to the word/concept of
chapel/railway station.

As far as I'm concerned, both have merit. There could be somebody who wants
to get all the roads named after station/chapel across languages. Or there
could be somebody who wants to be more specific and who wants to know which
streets are named after a specific 'object'.

There are also streets named Parkstraat (5km) apart. Named after Park
Abbey. So I think it makes sense to refer to Park Abbey and not the concept
(city) park in general.

Polyglot