[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] A note about bags and security at SOTM-US

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:03:56 UTC 2015

Well ok, I guess this is primarily targeted at anyone who was planning
on bringing a backpack. I'm sure I can fit what I need for a day in a
bag this size as well. But any "normal" backpack is going to be 16-18
inches tall and too large for the UN. This is what I have used at
previous conferences because it's what I happen to have and I've seen
plenty of others with backpacks as well so I thought it was worth a
warning. And while my laptop bag IS on the large side, it is by no
means an unreasonable size to grab as a carry-on for an airplane ride
and expect to use at the conference once you get there. Again, I've
certainly seen 16-18" briefcases and laptop bags at other conferences
so it is worth double checking.

Toby