[OSM-talk] [Tagging] OSM is a right mess (was: Craigslist OpenStreetMap Rendering Issue)

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 22:41:58 UTC 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 12:36, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Am 05.06.2015 um 11:33 schrieb David Fisher <djfisher81 at gmail.com>:
> >
> > As for "landuse=residential" -- I agree that we could probably do
> > without it.  But it does add to the readability of the map, especially
> > at low zoom levels, as it enables you to see at a glance where places
> > are and how big they are.
>

> residential landuse is often seen as "default", it is often used to mark
> the built up area rather than just the residential areas (especially in
> villages). We should encourage place polygons for this and restrict the use
> of residential landuse to residential areas.

It would help a LOT if they were rendered on the standard map !

WHY do we have this agony of stuff not being rendered ? Here's a map of the
world. We've not marked on any places as we feel it would be too confusing.

What's the flipping point.

Flog the renderers I say.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to the country's ongoing harassment of me, my
family, property & pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>