[OSM-talk] Some thoughts against remote mapping

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sun Jun 14 15:21:04 UTC 2015

Possibly, but we cite as fact that imports stunt community growth. I don't
think that has ever been proven in a way that cuts across cultures,
geographies or the quality of the data being imported. People usually point
to the TIGER import in the US. I don't think we can purely blame an import,
there is much more going on than simply there was data already there.

I'd love to see a broader, academically sound study of this.