[OSM-talk] Some thoughts against remote mapping

Christian Rogel christian.rogel at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 14 16:47:05 UTC 2015

Le 14 juin 2015 à 14:57, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> a écrit :

> But this is exactly the criticism we're facing - bluntly put:
> "Westerners need maps of places so they can conquer them by selling
> their products and services."

Yes, if you put the History aside, not admitting the constant reinventions and recuperations. Three century ago the best maps were made by the military for their own purposes.
Nowadays, more and more people can make that.
Fearing a country ill-mapped (Western mode mapped) is more a stage before catching and customizing the technics.
In a broader sense, one can hear a familiar music : Western World civilization is haram.

Christian R.