[OSM-talk] Some thoughts against remote mapping

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Jun 14 17:48:51 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 19:33 schrieb Kate Chapman:

>     I should point out that none of the above is in any way new, just
>     conveniently ignored.
>

> Not ignored, I'm just not sure it is solid enough evidence to justify
> for or against imports worldwide.

If we can't extrapolate from the past we will obviously never be able to
provide enough solid evidence: tomorrow OSM is different than today.

The likelihood that we will ever again have large infrastructure imports
as we have had in the past is low, as a result it is very unlikely that
we will ever get new data and be able to settle this argument. As said
the body of evidence points one way and more can't really be said.

Simon