[OSM-talk] getmap in osm mode

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Jun 17 17:41:25 UTC 2015

Out of curiosity - there is a "getmap" TeX package:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/getmap

which can put the maps directly from the net using just the address.
Currently it uses Google Maps and MapQuest, but not the other OSM maps
we have, so I asked the author of getmap and here's what he reply to me:

> getmap works with so called public static image APIs, which are
> provided by Mapquest and Google. AFAIR, OSM does *not* provide such an
> API - at least at last time I checked. But, I've read that OSM now
> provides direct routing. If they would also provide an static image

So what about that "public static image APIs" - do we have it (or will
we some day)?

down" [A. Cohen]