[OSM-talk] Layers and landuse

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 10:49:21 UTC 2015

On 29/06/15 10:59, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> I consider layer=* on landuse as beeing broken. If you need to cut out
> a part of an landuse thats what a multipolygon is for. For me
> landuses may not overlap.

As a goal for the future, a 'plane' of data that has a single landuse
classification for every point would be nice. Other projects are working
on that data and just using OSM as a background overlay. but for now, a
large residential area with a few small pockets of other areas of
activity such as a playground don't need the full multi-polygon
treatment. But should the residential road network be inside or outside
that polygon? We had the same discussion in relation to
'landuse=university' where the campus area needs an outline, but t5ere
are a lot of different 'landuse' activities within that ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL