[OSM-talk] Finding a user from a tag/value?

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:31:39 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 06:23:19PM +1100, Warin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to find out which user has contributed a key to the map ... the key
> has no wiki page and I'd like to know what was meant by the key and its'
> value. The key has low numbers .. so while there may be more than one user
> .. I think I only need to contact one of them. I've used Taginfo to find the
> key, its values and location in broad terms.
>
> Any ideas? Or is there a wiki on this topic I've not found on my searches?

you may also want to search list archives for "need advice for clever query or script",
my problem back then was
* find all bridge=swing
* split results by the first contributor who added bridge=swing
   to the way
* get the results into JOSM for examination and editing

and Imre Sau did the hard work for me and created this script:

https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/be49fd1ce511975325d2#file-bridge_swing-sh

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers