[OSM-talk] [Talk-de] Formal proposal: mechanically reverting fixme=set␣better␣denotation / denotation=cluster

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:53:21 UTC 2015

On 02/03/2015, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> He was interested in
> "special" trees and was asuming that trees close to other trees were less
> "special" (something I don't agree with per se, but in practice might have
> worked back then, because the mappers mapping "special trees" were
> typically mapping only those special trees, hence there was less
> probability of other trees _mapped_ nearby, even if there were actual trees
> in the real world).

Ok, that's a reasonable intent. But not a reasonable method, because
the heuristic is flawed, because "storing the result of an osm query
in osm data" is bad practice, and because a list of "normal" trees is
insanely harder to maintain than a list of "special" trees.

So there's not much to redeem the tag AFAICS. I'm happy to see it
deleted from objects, surely starting with that one import and then
double-checking the other changesets.