[OSM-talk] Call for Venues for State of the Map 2016 - now open!

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:23:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,

It's emails like this that I really enjoy writing but Richard's beat me too
it :-(. Ah well I had it written anyway so might as well hit send :-)

---

The state of the map working group are delighted to announce that the call
for venues for 2016 is now open!

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2016/Call_for_venues

This is much earlier than in previous years which means that you are free
to propose any dates within 2016. If there is an exciting event going on in
your city that OpenStreetMappers may be interested in, then why not align
the conference to this.

The State of the Map working group is here to help you. We're an expanded
team compared to the last few years and are looking forward to receiving
your bids. In 2014 we were south of the equator in Buenos Aires, in 2016 we
could be in your home country! So lets celebrate hitting 2 million
registered users*, share experiences and ideas, and plan for the next 10
years of OSM.

See you in 2016...
-- State of the Map, working group

* don't worry - you won't have 2 million people turning up on your doorstep
looking for somewhere to stay!