[OSM-talk] Voting on voting system for proposals

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:39:31 UTC 2015

On 19/03/2015, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> Requiring an accepted proposal plus good documentation sound like a
> reasonable policy. I would probably add, that the tag is sufficiently used,
> and/or be very desirable.

Note that actual use is far more important than documentation. For
example, some time ago a change in tagging of power stations that had
gone through the wiki voting process by the book did not get
considered immediately because of usage stats and perceived
usefullness. The thread is worth reading in full for people interested
in osm-carto decision making :
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/230