[OSM-talk] Major Update to OpenRouteService 2.0

Alexander Zipf (HD) zipf at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 19 12:40:19 UTC 2015

Dear OSM community,

in case you are not of aware of this we want to point out that after
some years with less ORS related acitvities we finally managed to rise a
completely new OpenRouteService from the ashes  :-)
Both the back- and frontend have been conceptually and technically
totally renewed.?
Your welcome to test the service @ our usual URL:
www.openrouteservice.org <http://www.openrouteservice.org>

The most important features :
- OpenRouteService is now available for all of Europe, Asia, Africa and
Oceania/Australia !
http://giscienceblog.uni-hd.de/files/2015/03/ors_world.png
- 7 different and enhanced routing profiles for cars, bikes and
pedestrians (more to come)
- faster implementation
- automated weekly data update
- completely new implementation of accessibility analysis (more
realistic isochrone maps)
- new WebClient with support for AvoidAreas, Import/Export of GPX etc.
- Check the Advanced version from the Options page
- support for many international languages for directions
- base map styles from OpenMapSurfer and OSM-WMS.de et al.
- deployment on a new, stronger server

Also, the ORS wiki has been updated to further describe the available
services (API) : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenRouteService
Please try and give us feedback via Github regarding any errors or
simply improve the client yourself:
https://github.com/GIScience/openrouteservice/issues Also feel free to
contact us at openrouteservice at geog.uni-heidelberg.de
<mailto:openrouteservice at geog.uni-heidelberg.de>

Thanks a lot to all the recent contributors of the new ORS team: Maxim,
Enrico, Oli, Timothy, Lukas, Jo, Boris, et al.!!!
Stay tuned for more updates this month, you'll find more news at our
blog : http://giscienceblog.uni-hd.de/
<http://giscienceblog.uni-hd.de/>

all the best
the OpenRouteService team