[OSM-talk] Proposal - automate rendering examples on OSM wiki

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:26:54 UTC 2015

Some articles about tags have section "rendering". Such entries are
frequently incomplete or
outdated. It simple for me to generate example of rendering for every
single tag used in default map
style. It is probably possible to automate upload for wiki. Is somebody
interested in using such files
on wiki? Probably via some clever template that would be added to rendering
section or by manual
updating all tag pages.

What I may do: generate example of rendering for every single tag used in
default map style
(around 550 files - see list on
https://github.com/matkoniecz/CartoCSSHelper/blob/master/style_specific/default_osm_style.rb
)

What is necessary to make it useful: script that would upload files to
wiki, somebody interested in
using such files

Note - generation of these images requires some time, it also would be
necessary to decide on
zoom level of rendering and secondary tag (what should be value of
name/ele/ref tag?)