[OSM-talk] How to report spam/abuse on the wiki?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Mar 23 07:04:37 UTC 2015

On Mo, Mär 23, 2015 at 07:51:13 +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> On 03/23/2015 06:20 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > I noted a spam post to the wiki ( User:BrookMcIlvain ).
> > How do I report that?
>
> Well the standard procedure would be replacing the page content with
> {{Delete|Spam}}. That takes care of the spam, and then a Wiki admin
> might or might not look at deletion requests from time to time and
> actually remove the page.
>
> (There's quite a few pending deletion requests
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Labelled_for_deletion so I
> guess Wiki admins are either understaffed or don't think this is very
> important.)

I recently used the {{Delete}} template on a few pages and the next day they
were gone. So somebody is working on that. I suspect some cases are easy and
are handled quickly, others need some investigation or maybe links to those
pages need to be removed first, and so they need some more time. But spam
should be obvious and quickly dealt with.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-173-7019282