[OSM-talk] Query Overpass for multiple small areas

James Conkling james.lane.conkling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 00:07:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Was unsure what the best practices for querying overpass were, and was
wondering if someone could point me in a good direction.

I'm trying to query Overpass for a small amount of data over many small,
sparsely populated areas.  Was wondering if it made more sense to run
separate queries for the bounding box of each small area, or one query for
the bounding box of all queries.  The first approach sends more queries
against smaller areas, the second approach sends only one query against a
much larger area.

(does this belong on talk, or the dev list?)