[OSM-talk] New features in iD - looking for feedback and beta testers..

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Fri Mar 27 21:55:31 UTC 2015

Hi

I thought these were already implemented? A bit late for beta.

Until there's a logical, common sense way to select, split, continue &
unstitch ways that meet at intersections, I'm sticking with P2.

The 'disconnect' option is a pointless obfuscation.

And why the delete key isn't utilized is beyond me. Leaving out basic
functionality doesn't make iD easier to use.

Dave F.

On 27/03/2015 18:39, Bryan Housel wrote:
> Hi Everyone… It’s been a busy few months for the iD team, and we have
> a handful of new features that will be launching soon.  We’d love to
> get some mappers to beta test and provide feedback!
>
> These features are available now by using the latest development
> branch of iD hosted at http://openstreetmap.us/iD/master/
> Please try them out and report any issues or questions on our Github
> issue tracker: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues
>

> - Copy and Paste selected features with ⌘-C and ⌘-V
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2498
>
> - Conflict Resolution
> iD will now check if any of your modifications conflict with edits
> made by other users, and will present you with a UI to see the
> difference and choose how to resolve the conflict.
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2489
>
> - Smarter Way Movement
> When moving a connected way, iD will now slide the moving way along
> the non-moving way, rather than “zorroing” the connection point.
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2516
>
> - Don’t delete ways that are part of a route/boundary Relation
> This will prevent a bunch of breaking edits to relations - Thanks
> RichardF!
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2526
>
> - Map-In-Map
> You can now bring up a locator mini-map with the ‘/‘ key.  By default
> it displays the current area but zoomed out by -6.  Zoom and pan the
> mini-map to quickly find and move to different locations.
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2554
>

> Thanks!
> Bryan

---