[OSM-talk] GeoHipster comment on OSM

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri May 1 06:47:49 UTC 2015

Am 01.05.2015 um 02:29 schrieb Nicholas G Lawrence:

> Exactly why this is necessary is a mystery to me. If business wants to
> make use of OSM data, they can download the planet file just like anyone
> else. If business wants to contribute data, or donate equipment or
> sponsor events, those things are also possible.

It should be pointed out that during 2012 and 2014 and continuing with
at least the LWG till today, dozens of companies and organisations
(outside of the geo-industry) with questions have had no problems
contacting the OSMF and getting an answer back, typically within less
than 24 hours. The OSMF even has a published and working postal mail
address (contrary to certain other organisations).

Maybe we should run a workshop on "how to use google and an e-mail
program" for the moaners in the geo-industry.

Simon