[OSM-talk] Chain Store Cleanup

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun May 3 09:51:13 UTC 2015

> On 1 May 2015, at 16:56, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If we want to unify a kind of chain store, I think we should leave the name tag, and focus on other tags. Some examples are ref:vatin=* for the vat id of the store, brand:wikidata=* for the wikidata id of the brand owner, website=* for the central website, or we can find a new better tag that should be the same with all certain chain stores. Names should be left to the local mapper.
>
> Janko

When I add the website to an object in OSM, I try to add a link to the specific branch in the branch finder rather than the home page, thus would need to be careful with the matching, as exact matching won’t work. Also need to cater for when one person uses https url, and another uses http for example.

Shaun