[OSM-talk] contact: tags

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 17:11:35 UTC 2015

On 3 May 2015 at 17:05, Bryan Housel <bryan at 7thposition.com> wrote:

> I like the `contact:*` tags, but only because it simplifies a few things
> in the iD editor.  When copying and pasting an object, we really want to
> remove the name/address/contactinfo so that the pasted object doesn’t have
> the same values.
>
> If all the custom keys are grouped under `contact:whatever` this is easy
> to do, otherwise we need to build the logic into the editor to remove the
> values.  I’m certainly ok with having the keys either way, just saying this
> is one area where a namespace helps.
>
> For the curious, the code to do this is here:
>
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/js/id/behavior/paste.js#L4-L18
>
> Thanks, Bryan

Bryan, as a copy operation, I'd expect all the tags to be copied - it is
after all the purpose of copying ! why should the contact details of a
pasted object be different ?

URL / website -  If the thing has a website, then that should be tagged as
website. If the URL is to a document, use URL. I'm happy both should stay.

As for contact:*, I'm not bothered either way - but have a preference for
choice - so that if there's a reason for its use, it can be used.

I'd be interested in a response to the idea of an object having a 'data
manager' tag - for one who should be consulted before editing an object - a
person who has agreed to maintain that object in the db.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>